Monday, May 7, 2012

College Catalogue: Bandier Program at Syracuse University

Bandier Pillars:
In order to share the overriding beliefs that guide us in the study and practice of the business of music, the faculty, students, staff and advisors of the Bandier Program affirm the following:
INTEGRITY
DOING WELL & DOING GOOD
WHY WAIT?
COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS
EXPERIENCE LEARNING
COMMUNITY CONNECTION
BRAND MANAGEMENT VS. HUMILITY
PAY IT FORWARD



From the Syarcuse Website: "The curriculum prepares you for the music and entertainment industries via a rigorous 125-credit hour course progression, weekly contact with prestigious industry professionals, hands-on learning opportunities, a semester in Los Angeles, and a study abroad semester in London, England. You are part of a small, selective class of 25 students per year.
The program focuses on music as it functions in all media, particularly new media. This exciting field is the new frontier where media consumption is constantly evolving. Opportunities abound for young women and men of all backgrounds to shape the future of the music business."
I am extremely excited to start this rigorous program. Although I am required to take a large amount of classes, and that they will take up a lot of my time, I know that this program is setting me up for the future. I will have such a upper-hand compared to others trying to make it in the industry due to the Bandier Program. I cannot wait to start and make a name for myself in the industry!
Website: http://vpa.syr.edu/bandier

No comments:

Post a Comment